Personal wedding vows spoken from the heart set the tone of the whole celebration. To make the vows even more special, we show how to make your own books to keep as a memento of the day.
What could be a more perfect memento than the words you spoke to one another?
You will need:
- 2 sheets A4 parchment paper
- 2 sheets of X-Press It Sticky Barc self-adhesive wood sheets
- 2 sheets 120-160gsm cardstock
- Graphic design software (optional)
- Craft knife
- Hole puncher
- Ink jet printer
how to create:
1. Create the vows in Microsoft Word. From the menu file, set up your custom page, paper size and margins. The finished size of the notebook shown is 10cm x 14cm which is approximately one quarter of an A4 sheet. The fonts used are Violet and Calibri Light. The cover was created with the aid of graphic design software. If you don’t have such a program, type the wording out in Word and add the heart freehand.
2. Print the inside pages of the notebook and cut into 10cm x 14cm pages.
3. Print the front covers and cut into
10cm x 14cm pages. See image 1.
4. Peel away the adhesive backing and attach to the cardstock. Trim the cardstock to line up with the wood sheet edges. See image 2.
5. With a pencil, mark the placement of the eyelet holes on all the pages. Punch out the holes with a hole puncher and thread them together with some decorative braid or twine. See image 3.
6. Stamp or stick your wedding date on the outside of the back cover.
When you look back on your wedding, what will be cherished most are those all-important wedding vows, so give yourself enough time to write them.
We love to see you putting our DIY ideas into action - tag @modernweddingmagazine in your Instagram posts and #modernweddingmagazine!
Styling, Photography and Words Gail MacDiarmid