It's no secret that I love engagement portraits - especially when they're as cute as this one! I've had the pleasure of knowing Mark and Alex for a long time now and can I tell you this shoot is just so them! I think that's why I'm such a fan of these shoots - they capture the couple exactly as they are during such a joyous time of life. This shoot comes from the ever talented Sheer Image Photography who always do a great job of listening to the couple and delivering a portrait that is unique and special for each.
Mark and Alex have always enjoyed bike riding together so it was a no brainer that their engagement portrait would feature their bikes. I also love that Mark, who is rarely seen without a baseball cap on, was able to wear his signature accessory - something he's unlikely to wear on the wedding day.
I think my favourite part of this whole shoot is the photos of Alex tickling Mark. It captures such a beautiful and fun moment between two people in love. The expressions on their faces, refreshingly natural, bring a smile to my face too. This is the kind of thing you can't do in your wedding dress!
Some ideas for your engagement portrait...
- If you and your fiancé enjoy cooking why not shoot your engagement portrait while you cook a meal together.
- Head back to the place of your first date for sentimental value.
- Reserve dinner at your favourite restaurant and complete the shoot with decadent cocktails and a hearty meal.
- If you're beach goers then slip into your bathers and splash around in the water.
- Picnics are always cute.
- Dancers should definitely shoot while dancing.
- Musicians should make use of their instruments.
- If camping is your thing and you've got time to set the scene then a log fire with marshmallows and blankets is too romantic for words.
Search engagement shoots/ portraits/ sessions on Pinterest for more creative ideas. You can follow Modern Wedding on Pinterest too!
What will you do for your engagement portrait? Will you attempt any of the ideas above? Drop by facebook and let us know!