There are many ways to decorate napkins. The key is to think about what will complement the rest of your setting. Consider using glass beads, pearls or crystals. Here we have combined the natural textures and soft colours of damask linen and shells to give a feeling of simple elegance.
- shell beads
- 0.5mm clear stretch jewellery thread
How to create
- Cut 40cm lengths of stretch thread. This may seem a little long but you will need this extra length when you tie the knots at the end.
- You will need 17 shells per loop and you will need two loops per napkin. Thread shells onto thread leaving equal amounts of thread at each end.
- Secure ends of each loop with step 1, step 2 and then step 1 again (see diagrams below). Trim threads.
- Take two completed shell loops and tie together with ribbon and name-tag before inserting napkin.